please help!!

Ok so we live in Moscow idaho. I have looked at our humane socity and they don't have any puppies that are good for us. I have tried petfinder. But all the puppies that come up in my local serch are over 100 miles away. And they all want a 200 doller adoption fee or more. I realy want to find a puppy for our family but iam having no luck. Any help would be great. Any one know of any small dog and puppy recues in my area? Hopefully not one that has a big rehoming fee. Please any help will be great.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Pets

• Why not adopt like a 1 year old or older? They are so much easier to find and so many of those get put to sleep each year.. puppies are overated.
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 5:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• id have to agree with the lady above. its a plus when theyre potty trained and all that also :-D
    DiandraBryant07

Answer by DiandraBryant07 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• most adoption fees can go beyond 200...consider that price extremely good! Its an adoption fee and you're paying for your dog/puppy......as opposed to the 900 dollars I spent to get an akc shih tzu puppy.....you're gonna have to suck up the fee.....all adoptions cost around that ball park......its rare you'll get a puppy for free or cheap.
    Anonymous

• If you take into account what it will cost to get all the shots (three seperate sets) and dewormed and spayed/neutered 200-300 is a huge deal. I took three kittens to the vet today for my rescue group and they got shots and dewormed and tested for FIV and it cost over 275. We will adopt out the kittens for about 150 each. They go again in 4 weeks and will cost more (and still have to go back to be spayed at 6 months)...we LOSE money on puppies and kittens bc it costs so much to get them up to date on vaccines and fixed. Call vets in you area and see how much it would be to properly vet a puppy. You will see that getting a puppy from a rescue for a couple hundred or getting a year old dog that is still young but is trained and housebroken already is a GREAT deal.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 10:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I know that's not the best price for shots worming and spay or netur. I can get a pup fixed for around 50 at my vet and it only costs about 25 for the first 3 sets of shots and the worming. I understand for a rehoming fee. But not when its cheaper to find a fee pup and then take them in your self to have all that done. I would love to take in a pup that needs it but when its more expenvice to rescue one than get one from someone that had a litter.I could get a papred pup for about the same price as getting one from a rescue group.
    Anonymous

• Have you tried Craigslist or Kijiji?
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:37 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• We are a 2-2 1/2 hr drive away in Walla Walla, WA but the humane shelter here is a no-kill shelter, and they have all sorts of dogs and puppies, They rehome them starting at $175 because they have all their shots, are spayed/neutered, and microchipped. (I know this because my daughter works there!)
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• It's a sad day when it costs more to adopt a dog than a child. I have adopted 2 children and only paid $140 out of pocket.

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 1:06 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Try Craigslist
    Anonymous

• www.craigslist.org, people give away animals all day long on there............
    Anonymous