I have to do a drug test for my job and i dont do drugs but

I been around famliy members that have when we have get togethers. Well I fail if I have been smelling it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• It doesnt work that way. You will be fine. If you are really worried drink a bunch of water but not the day of cause it make your test inconclusive and to some employees they consider it a failure.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Second hand smoke could show a positive result.
    Anonymous

• Some companies do hair testing.
    Anonymous

• lol ive done numerous drug tests for my jobs and NEVER have they ever asked for a hair sample! drink a lil water and ull be fine!
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 5:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Being around it is not going to result in a failed drug test.
    mire621

Answer by mire621 at 5:22 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• you would have to be REALLY REALLY inhaling their junk to test positive from their smoke.. you will be fine if YOU didnt smoke
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 5:23 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Research the topic, but most that I have found says that being around pot while others are smoking it will not give you a positive result. The test does not test for something so small, I think it tests for levels above 50. If you are that worried buy a drug test at the drug store and see if you get a positive.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:25 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• How about one more thing to worry about? Second-hand smoke from marijuana and crack cocaine can be absorbed into your hair. Problem? Some companies are now using hair testing to determine drug usage. Answer? Dont even hang around others who are doing drugs. It can still be absorbed into your system and produce a positive test result. I didnt inhale . . . is not a valid response. And sufficient second-hand smoke exposure can also cause failure of standard urine drug tests. You could fail both a primary and secondary test, with no recourse other than saying that it was someone else. Its just not worth the risk.

http://www.collegegrad.com/jobsearch/New-Job-Preparation/Drug-Testing-And-Other-Possible-Conditions-Of-Employment/

Anonymous

• Thanks for doing the research Anon 5:30
    Anonymous

• If the initial test comes up positive (can be from poppyseeds), they do a second, more accurate test. You can relax...

Answer by rkoloms at 8:32 AM on Jan. 6, 2010