Hi. Iam expecting and I have been unemplyed for a little while I was wondering if there are any moms out there that know where I can get some inexpensive baby furniture and or other things for my baby. I feel so lost.

Asked by bear1213 at 5:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You can check craigslist. Some states have a paper called the IWANNA and other states have something called the pennysaver. You can try looking at that.

Answer by armywife2009101 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Second hand baby stores, Freecycle, Craigslist, etc.

• consider what you think you "need" I don't use a crib, I use a playpen, fancy baby bath - nah my lap works fine, I'm expecting #3 and all I need are a few clothes and some cloth diapers, not that expensive considering your can find things at yard sales and stuff.

• they have some realy nice second hand baby items in my area, and i plan on hitting those up this time. craigslist has some amazing things too, especially when people just need to gt rid of stuff so they practically give it away.

Answer by erika_wright at 6:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Goodwill can actually have some GREAT deals! The draw back is you have to go and look several times a week until you find what you are looking for. I got a beautiful hand stitched infant quilt for 6 dollars. A friend got her Eddie Bower bassinet for 25 dollars. It looked new! I also agree craigslist and freecycle are great tools Ebay is also good for things like bulks of clothing bed sets. I got my medela double breast pump for 80 on ebay.

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:22 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Contact a state social worker. They can help you get things either super cheap or free.

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:46 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 8:26 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• you can check local consignment stores, craigslist, and yard sales.

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:10 AM on Jan. 6, 2010