Anyone else know about the new procedure where paypal hold your funds until you receive good feedback on ebay?

Im wondering if they are just doing this to me I have 100% good feedback and never got a strike or anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am a seller on Ebay with 1000+ feedback rating and have never had Paypal hold any funds, nor have I ever heard of this.
    Anonymous

• i was told i had to have at least 100 feedbacks but I only have 36 so maybe thats why you havent been affected.
    Anonymous

• Omg - I am an ebay seller but took the last couple weeks off and just went to research this. It IS a new policy that effects everyone! This is terrible! So now if a customer is lazy and doesn't leave me feedback then I don't get my money? What???
    Anonymous

• I agree that it is somewhat of an inconvenience, and would love to see the hold released earlier (or never put on in the first place), but there are actually a couple other different ways around it that people should know about. If you get a delivery confirmation number on your package (It costs .75 extra at the post office) and enter that information into the transaction details, even if the buyer doesn't leave feedback right away the hold gets released only 3 days after the delivery is confirmed. Or if the buyer doesn't pay for the item right away through ebay you can send them an invoice through your paypal account (not through the ebay invoice system) and when they pay the invoice you send them through paypal the money goes directly into your paypal account with no hold on it at all.. Hope this helps everyone a little bit until something else can be figured out..
    Anonymous

• I agree that this is a completely unfair policy!!! I sell on Ebay and have 100% positive feedback. I many times have buyers that never leave me feedback at all. So now, I am punished for what they do, or don't do and I have to wait 21 days until the funds are released. In the meantime, they are sitting there using the product that I sold to them. I am very disappointed that good sellers are being treated so poorly and am not sure whether I will continue my Ebay business at this point.
    Comfycozy77

Answer by Comfycozy77 at 5:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I think ours was held for 21 days. We sold something in October for over $100 and they held it then. We don't often sell things and although we have 100% feedback, and over 100 feedbacks, it was a category not often sold in.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Your payments WILL BE NOT HELD if you meet all the following requirements:

* eBay Tenure: Greater than 6-months
    * Total Feedback score: More than 100
    * Dissatisfied Buyers %: Less than 5%

Or if you meet all the following requirements:

* Detailed Seller Rating: Greater than 4.5
    * Total Detailed Seller Ratings Received: More than 20 in the last 12-months

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/update08/rewardsfaq/index.html#30
    Anonymous

• I can understand why they are doing that now. I have had problems before when buying from ebay. One time I paid right away for an item and 2 months later had still not received it. I was so glad I paid via paypal because they refunded my money fast. So I can see it as a way to not lose as much money for paypal since they do guarantee if you pay using them. It is just business as inconvenient as it may be. Not saying I like the idea much of feedback in the first place. Bought an item there once that arrived broken and the person I bought it from got angry because I did not give them any feedback ( not wanting to be mean). I finally gave her some feedback with an ok and she still harassed me and threatened me unless I gave her good feedback I finally just reported her.
    Anonymous

• Technically we met at the Walmart where I worked at the Portrait Studio. But we met online
    kylegirl

Answer by kylegirl at 9:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• what/ who are you referring to kylegirl?
    Anonymous