I'm new to this cite and I'm not quite sure where to post questions, so PLEASE EXCUSE MY IGNORANCE! I'm a single mother of two ages 14 and 12, I'm looking into relocating to either Cheraw,SC or Florence, SC. I currently live in Ohio, i don't know how much of a difference it would be living in the South. I plan on revisiting both areas again. I just want some opinions of other mothers on here that knows anything about these areas or just has an opinion. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Travel

• I lived in NC and from personal experience I think that all the tourist places in SC are rude. Florence would be one of those, you go through it to get to myrtle beach. There for there is tons of traffic. BUT while I was down there I did notice a bunch of "HIRING" signs.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 5:46 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Hiring signs are gone now LOL.. I live in loris which is a small town in SC, about 40 minutes from Florence. My sons Dr is in florence. I also work in surfside beach, a beach town south of Myrtle beach. Unemployment rated are very high in both of those towns. Rent is high and pay is low in alot of areas around here. It's funny cause if you are a local you can't afford any of the attractions around. I wouldn't live any other place tho, it is home to me. I haven't had an issue with people being "rude". Most people are very friendly.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• i am from michigan, and i lived in charleston, sc for 3 years. You should say sir and maam and y'all and soda (not pop).
    many really don't like the damn yankees! i thought the weather was great! sunshine and ocean! i really miss it!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I would go wherever you have the strongest support system.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:22 AM on Jan. 6, 2010