Which prenatal vitamin is best?

I've been taking Rainbow Light/Prenatal One Multivitamin/Mineral and it seems to be working fine but I've done a bit of research and there are a lot of positive results for New Chapter Organics/Perfect Prenatal. Does anyone have experience with either of these?

mire621

Asked by mire621 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• i use just the store brand. they arent expensive and dont make me sick
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 6:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I really like Dr. Greene's Prenatal Vitamins. No artificial dyes in them which I have to be really careful of as some dyes are a migraine trigger for me
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 6:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I'm doing liquids. Barlean's Oil in the lemon flavor. I do Emergen-C packets too. I take other things individually. The multis are wrecking my guts.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I took the Country Life prenatals with chamomile. They were the only ones that didn’t make me nauseous (I tried six or seven).

Answer by rkoloms at 8:21 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I couldn't take prenatals. They always gave me migraines and they are always hard to swallow. So i talked to my OB/Gyn about it and she said that I can take the Flintstone vitamins for it has the exact same nutriants and stuff in them as a prenatal. Plus they taste better! LOL
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 9:34 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• flintstones do not have the amount of folic acid needed by pregnant women so I do not suggest them. Also it was more than likely the DYES (either yellow 5 or Red 40) in prenatels that gave you the migraine. Though flintstones have those dyes in them too so again...I don't suggest them. I do suggest a good DYE FREE PRENATAL vitamin. If you're not getting prenatal vitamins specifically then you will need to take folic acid separately.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 3:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2010