Is it possible to loose the excess belly skin after having twins?

I had twins 7 months ago and my belly is still huge lol... I know i wont be able to go bk to my skinny self but Im freaking out on how much loose skin I have? is there any exercises that can help or is surgery the only way out??? Please help..

Mami-of-2

Asked by Mami-of-2 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I don't think there is, my belly isn't huge anymore, but my twins also left some yucky saggy skin on my once perfect torso. I asked my Dr. about it once when the twins were about 7 months old and she examined me and said no diet or excercise could fix it because there isn't any fat there, just skin. She said short of surgery to remove it there is nothing.
    cs_1498

Answer by cs_1498 at 6:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• have you looked at the surgery pics? what a gross huge scar!!!
    I thought i was getting close to pre pregnancy belly, but then I got pregnant again. (it took about 17 months, and i was close!) i didn't have that extra skin, i think b/c i eat a lot of good fats, so my skin is still pretty elastic. I am 40, and barely got stretch marks with the twins. I didn't have any stretch marks w/ the first 2 kids. I also never had a perfect torso! I am short waisted, and I have a humungo ribcage!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Congrats on your twins! I have 17 month old twins and really didn't gain too much weight so I just have a wee bit of stretchy stuff on my upper belly (I carried really high). I think we're pretty much stuck with it. Consider it a badge of honor for having carried two babies at once!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 8:43 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• well.. did you breast feed? that helped me flatten my stomach with no crunches at all... and remember nine months on nine months off meaning it takes nine months to put the baby weight on itl take at least nine to get it off and then another year to tone up so you still have time, some great moves are vacuums, planks, reverse crunches and ab work on the excersize ball.
    rozepyle

Answer by rozepyle at 9:14 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Whats a vacuum roze? You can't consider surgery unless your done having kids. 3 of my friends have had a tummy tuck and they LOVE them, their scar is below their panty line and its not bad. Maybe the PP is thinking of oldschool tummy tucks. There is another option called skin tightening, my ob offers it in there office. I think its done with a laser to stimulate collegen production. I heard it works but due you research.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• lol * DO your research.
    Also...I don't think a good plastic surgent would perform a tummy tuck for at least a year from now. You want to be at your goal weight and be able to mantain that weight. If you try to get too skinny, you may not be able to mantain it and just induce the yo-yo effect. So until your at your stable at your goal weight, a tummy tuck really isn't an option, it would be pointless.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I had quads my grand mother told me to wrap bandages around my waist after I got home and I did. I don't know if it worked or if I would have done that anyway but my belly is flat had a few stretch marks and had them fixed with treatments at my dermatologist. I worked out daily as soon as the doctor said I could so I was losing right after birth. I have 8 kids and the quads were my last so my body had been through pregnancy and bounced back pretty quickly. I would eat a healthy and balance diet, exercise and drink water you don't need anything else to drink. If you still have the skin after working out then consult a surgeon if you can afford it. I would check them out fully and find one that can do the procedure in the least invasive way. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I guess I am a freak of nature, my twins were over 15 pounds combined and I was HUGE, my skin snapped right back after 6 weeks. No one can even tell I've had one let alone 2. OK, before you barf, let me say that this is hereditary, none of the women in my family get stretch marks or have loose skin ever. It's nothing I did, or put on my belly. I will say that if I did not have this awesome genetic luck that I would get a tummy tuck.

My friend had a tummy tuck and she looks fantastic! her scar is not ugly at all. The only person who sees it is her man when she is naked. A bikini covers it no problems.
    bella36

Answer by bella36 at 10:14 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I haven't had any twins, but after my second and third pregnancies, my belly never really did fully lose that extra flap of skin. I dieted and exercised until I had abs of steel, but they were still abs of steel under a jelly belly of loose stretched out skin. Time, exercise, and regular use of a lotion with vitamin E do help, you can definitely hope that things will firm up a lot more at seven months. I found that by about a year and a half later was about as good as it was going to get without a tummy tuck.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Thank you ladies for all ur wonderful answers... For sure I will do reasearch and will continue to eat healthy and excersice.... I'll keep you all posted. Thanks a bunch :)
    Mami-of-2

Answer by Mami-of-2 at 12:33 AM on Jan. 8, 2010