What do you wish someone had told you about having 2 kids?

I have a 2 year old and another baby on the way. So, what are somethings you wish someone had told you about going from 1 kid to 2?

Krystal.Ingalls

Asked by Krystal.Ingalls at 5:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• -go with the flow
    -baby #2 is rarely like the first
    -relax!
    -you CAN love more than one

- its FUN!
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• it can be a lot harder to get out the door in the morning. Even though my older child is 5 and the baby is 5 months it takes a lot more work to get both of them out the door on time. DH works at 6 am and leaves home by 5:15 so no help there. It just takes more planning so we aren't late to school, daycare and work (in that order).
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 5:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I wish someone had told me how difficult it would be to divide myself between the two. You get so used to giving all of your attention to 1 and then all of the sudden you're torn in 2 directions. That was the hardest thing for me to adjust to anyway.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 6:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I wish that someone had told me that there are so many "horror stories" about going from 1 to 2. I was prepared for the worst, when it was really easy. It was easier yet when we added a third, and again when we added a 4th. It's really not as hard as so many people make it sound, really!
    Anonymous

• That the second will be the complete polar opposite of the first!
    That you will never sleep again! (My second is 8 months old and still wakes 3-5 times a night!)
    That you will never have a moment to yourself again unless you lock yourself in the bathroom.

Sorry, it's not all bad, I'm just going on 8 month of sleep deprivation and I'm starting to lose my mind a little.
    Anonymous

• That once you get past the newborn phase, which is hard for everyone no matter how many you have, it's easier than having just one.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I enjoyed baby #2 because I had been through it all before! LOL. What was much harder was #3...I only had two hands to hold onto three kids! But they were good kids.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• The hardest for me was learning that my firstborn wasn't such a perfect kid anymore and that he would act out for attention when I was dealing with the baby.
    Anonymous

• That it's really not that bad. :)
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 1:11 AM on Jan. 6, 2010