Are you comfortable in your own skin?

I'm not. I always feel too fat even though I'm a size 2. It's exhausting. Really. I exercise constantly and always think about what I'm eating or what I'm going to eat or what I should be eating.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes. I had a good mama that gave me good self esteem. Im pro woman and I think we are all beautiful no matter what size.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• after the devastating experience of gaining and losing over 100 lbs- no, i'm not. i remember what i used to look like, and i want to cry. i was that chick in the parking lot that your husband would walk into a car staring at.... now, i'm just, mom. stretch marks, saggy tits, huge ass. at one point i actually got rid of every mirror in the house, i couldn't stand to look at myself.

some days i am ok with being me, some i'm not, especially when i hear the voice of my ex ringing loud and clear just how disgusting i am... i'm still working on being ok with me.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• i think all us women have our insecurities even if we are very fit and attractive.. i feel huge now that im prego but even before this i was slim and i was still uncomfortable in my own skin. mostly my behind cuz i didnt have one....untill now
    cnv13085

Answer by cnv13085 at 6:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I will be when I lose 50-55 lbs and go back to the weight I used to be before having two kids
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 6:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I am not but I can't seem to get it in control, like I let stress control me and I get side tracked and don't exercise and binge eat.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Im comfortable,but there are still things about me I wish were different.Yes I have lost alot of weight(140 plus pounds)however some days I feel blah lol.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 6:35 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I am comfortable in my skin at my current weight (middle of my healthy range and BMI) and level of fitness (pretty good).

I used to be like you though, so I can really empathize with the pressure and anxiety you feel. I have struggled with my body image for 13 years or so. I'm currently at a place where I am maintaining a healthy, comfortable weight without feeling deprived, depleted and tired all the time. I exercise 5 days a week and eat a healthy diet, but I can have a treat without binging or feeling like I've failed somehow. I'm not as lean as I was when I was obsessing over it, but I'm in a far better place emotionally and physically. I finally feel strong, healthy and attractive all at the same time, which is pretty major for me. It used to be that the measures I had to take in order to feel attractive meant physically feeling like crap because my diet was too restricted and extreme.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 7:13 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Yes I am.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:17 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• yes i am. i could easily live at a nudist colony. the human body is a beautiful thing when it's not abused by it's owner.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:01 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Very much so.

Answer by older at 8:10 AM on Jan. 6, 2010