vitamins, in AM or PM?

Should you give vitamins to a 2 & 1/2 yr. old in the AM or PM? I've always made them part of my daughters PM routine, because AM is so hectic. Do you think it perks them up to much after vitamins? She hasn't really had too much of an issue falling to sleep, but sometimes she's off the wall and my husband thought the vitamins are giving her a second wind! Thoughts?

deniselvt

Asked by deniselvt at 6:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• your husbands thoughts could be correct. I would start giving them to her in the AM and see if it helps her be more relaxed in the evening. I have a 2 year old and i always give them in the morning, its just my opinion but i think it gives hima little more pep in his step during the day.
    chrissymccann23

Answer by chrissymccann23 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• vit b wakes u up and also makes u pee more(and thru the night). am is a better time to give them
    Anonymous

• We've always done them at night (our routine is supper, bath/shower/cleanup, vitamin, bed - yes, they literally go from the supper table to bed most nights. I might start trying them in the morning though because the older 2 frequently have trouble falling asleep (I usually attribute it to being overtired though because they just do dumb stuff to stay awake).
    Anonymous

• Some people are sensitve some vitamins and minerals, like zinc, and may have sleeping issues.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:14 AM on Jan. 6, 2010