Does Trying to Soon After a Miscarriage Lower My Chances?

I'm a little confused. I've gotten three different opinions..all from doctors. The doctor in the er told me that it's best to wait one cycle since I was 2-3wks when I miscarried..my family doctor said it's ok to start now, that it doesn't lower my chances for a successful pregnancy..and my OBGYN doctor said 2-3 cycles because if I try too soon, I have a greater risk of miscarrying.

mire621

Asked by mire621 at 6:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Doctors have different opinions. Really according to my doctor and also his midwife. When you've had an EARLY loss they suggest you waiting at least 1 cycle so that they can accurately pinpoint a duedate. And the biggest reason they suggest waiting is because many women are still grieving a month after a loss and to minimize stress they suggest you wait until the pain of the loss isn't as raw.

Otherwise, there is no medical/statistical studies that show a pregnancy soon after miscarriage will result in loss if there isn't an underlying CAUSE for the miscarriage(s)
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 6:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I always heard to wait a couple of months to let you body rest.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 6:19 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My sister-in-law didnt wait. And she got pregnant before her next period was due. She now has a healthy 18 month old.
    Mcgirly2000

Answer by Mcgirly2000 at 6:42 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• i had one, and i waited like 7 months, just to make sure that i am ready, my ob told me take the prenatals and ill be fine.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 7:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2010