has anyone had the leep procedure??

has anyone had the leep procedure done and has it affected your pregnancy at all? i had mine done back in june 2009 and was told by my dr. tha there mightbe some risks of haveing a preemie. due in may 2010

cnv13085

Asked by cnv13085 at 6:19 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had it done in 2003 and I had a baby in 2008 and am pregnant again. My dr when I had it done told me it would not affect any future pregnancies as did my current OB.

Answer by missanc at 7:14 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• i had it done in 2005. was told that it wouldn't affect any future pregnancies and had my son at almost 38 wks. very healthy.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:09 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I had one in Oct. 2008 and am 29 weeks pregnant. My previous OB said it could but my current OB said no. A lot of Dr.s will say no but then again you will find some that will say yes. It also depends on the extent of your procedure. If your OB had to take of several layers of your cervix he maybe correct. Just ask him to get clarification.
    leikay2

Answer by leikay2 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I had it done in 2002 & had my DD in 2005 with no problems. My Dr. did mention that I may need to get cerclaged ( sew your cervix closed). I didn't do that but my Dr. kept a close check on my cervix to make sure it wasn't thinning. You have a chance of incompetent cervix when you have had a LEEP procedure. My Dr. gave me an ultrasound every Dr. visit to make sure my cervix was fine!
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 3:53 PM on Jan. 6, 2010