Rash? On baby's chin. What to do for it?

My six month old has a red kinda streakish looking I'm assuming rash under his chin. I don't what is causing it and it doesn't seem to bother him, but it looks awful. Has anyone else had this before? How do I get it to go away? It's bright red and kinda bumpy looking and feels very dry. Could it just be from the cold dry winter weather?

krystie-tina

Asked by krystie-tina at 6:25 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I swear by Aquaphor! It's a petrolium based product (like Vaseline) with vitamin E and aloe, and It's recommended by pediatricians. You can get it any pharmacy type store. Just a little dab whenever possible (I used to put it on my children when they would take a nap to keep it from rubbing off), and in a day or two, the rash and redness will disappear.

You can use anywhere skin is irritated or not healing quickly.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:59 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Is he teething? Drooling? If so it is possibly from that, my 6 month old got it a lot when he was first teething. It could however also be from the cold dry winter weather, do you put lotion on his face? I put Aveeno baby lotion on my little guys face and it seems to help the dry skin.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• When my daughter teeths, she gets a rash on her chin. I put some stuff on it called baby kisses (it is made by the same people that makes butt paste) at night and it is usually a lot better by morning. The stuff says it is for dry baby lips and chapped cheeks. I love the stuff.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:15 PM on Jan. 5, 2010