Was anyone else told they had a two-vessel cord?

My doctor called me today and told me that during my last ultrasound the technician noticed that I have a two-vessel cord. They've made an appointment for me to see a specialist later on in the month to get confirmation of this and to run other tests I guess. This is my first pregnancy, ever since the phone call I have been worried and crying almost non-stop. Has anyone else been told that they had this problem? If so, what can I expect? I'm afraid to research it because I'm a worrywart. But my husband says that a vast majority of children with this are born without complications. Any advice?

Starlingpoet

Asked by Starlingpoet at 6:27 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my sister in law had this her whole second pregnancy and they didn't notice it at all, so count yourself lucky. she ended up needing a c section and we almost lost her and my nephew, but we didn't. it could have been avoided if they paid attention to her ultrasounds. it's a good thing that your doctor noticed it. i'm sure you'll be just fine. good luck and don't worry too much, it's unhealthy. odd as it may seem this was supposed to be a comforting post :)

oh and as far as stunted growth, he's 17 months and a little small, still wearing 12mos clothing but nothing too serious. do some research
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• from what i know most babies w a two vessel cord are just fine. your doctor just wants to make sure. tr not to stress about ti too much. try to relax, its the best thing for you and the baby.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 6:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• i know a gal who was the baby with the 2 vessel cord. it stunted her growth. the doctor she had put her on some hormones and she went from being dwarf hieght to just under 5'. it's best to do research so that you can get things ready for your baby. the more stress you put on yourself by worrying about it, the more stress you're putting the baby through
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 6:38 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Thanks everyone =)
    Starlingpoet

Answer by Starlingpoet at 6:44 PM on Jan. 5, 2010