where should i plan my dh's 40th birthday party in may?

We live on st.louis month and have a pretty small house so I need to plan my husbands huge 40th party somewhere outside the home. I was thinking about doing a picnic. But wanted to see if I could get more creative ideas. We do have a 1 tr old daughter so I want to keep it family friendly so kids can come. I was trying to stay out of resturants so we could do our own food and liquor at cheaper cost. And ideas? What have you done for adult parties?

jacks013

Asked by jacks013 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Entertainment

• I'm confused is this an adult party or kids? Because you say "any ideas for an adult party?"
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• If you're asking what kind of party can we do for an adult that is also kid friendly, then there would be several places in St. Louis that come to mind and I don't even live there. The ARCH and the riverside park by it, there are several roller skating rinks which could be fun for the kids as well as the adults, the baseball stadium (don't remember if you can take your own food in to the picnic area or not) for a ballgame. Isn't there a waterpark as well? I seem to remember one on the west side of town.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I'm in the St Louis area as well and my hubby will be 40 later this year. I'm having his at the local Elks Lodge. Are you members or know anyone that is???? It's inexpensive and they'll let you bring in your own food and drinks. Just an idea. Angel
    AngelicaM

Answer by AngelicaM at 5:11 PM on Aug. 19, 2010