Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there somewhere I can view my 2008 tax return for free?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

Answers (6)
  • If you paid someone else to prepare it they should have given you a copy to keep, and if you lost it they should be able to give you another copy.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

  • nope it'll cost $39


    Answer by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

  • You should have a copy of your 2008 RETURN...always keep a copy. If you're going to a preparer, expect to pay for the extra copy.

    Answer by gdiamante at 7:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

  • You can get your tax transcripts from the IRS for free. If you need the exact copy it is $57. Here is the link,,id=214477,00.html?portlet=1

    Answer by Kari126 at 7:35 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

  • transcript from the IRS. only catch is there's no guarantee on the time it will take to arrive.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

  • The IRS will mail you a copy: Call the IRS 1-800-829-1040 - Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

    Answer by rkoloms at 8:03 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN