Question for Christians.......

I know that not all of you believe this... but for the ones who do, how can you really believe that the world was created 6,000 or so years ago and dinosours lived along side with man .... or didn't exsist at all? I'm not making fun, Im really courious, with all the scientific data and physical proof. PLEASE don't say b/c the bible says so... I get that everytime.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would like to hear as well...my friend who is Christian teaches her children that dinosaurs are not real, like fairies and such...
    Anonymous

• I know you don't want to hear that the reason is because that is what the bible says, but that is the only reason they have. There is no scientific or physical proof, there is overwhelming proof that the earth is not 6000 years old. The bible is not a science book and this kind of folly is what you get when you try to treat it like one.
    Anonymous

• And the thing is the bible doesn't say how old the earth is. It doens't even say that the world was created in six 24-hour days. The Hebrew word "yom" can be translated into several different time periods from 12-hours to eternity. It's just some people have choosen to interpret the bible in a way that goes against reason and evidence. But since reason and evidence and well as the bible come from God - it really doesn't make sense to me either.
    Anonymous

• i would be the first person to take that woman's kid to a museum and show him the bones of the dinosaurs. that sort of ignorance just kills me.
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 7:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I agree. I am a Christian and I believe in Creator-guided evolution. But my husband is also a biologist. LOL I have a hard time with the "young earth" argument. To me, it just doesn't make any sense.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 7:15 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• This is one of my favorite topics, I believe that the world has only been around for a few thousand years and that the dinosoars walked where man walked. I have seen pictures of fossilized dinosoar footprints with mans prints inside. There are books out there with these pics in them you just don't hear about them becasue people don't want to believe it.
    I have nothing against scientists, but every idea out there is a theory, I'm trying to figure out how to explain this,.. I do beilieve in the bible and it's teachings but that doesn't mean I understand it all, or can even comprehend it all. I figure it this way, if God can create a human being with a heart, liver, kidneys, veins with blood in them that carry little cells to all parts of our bodies, all these small intricrit things that work off of each other to make our bodies work. why can't he make the layers of soil different colors and minerals for no other reason.
    Minnesotamom

Answer by Minnesotamom at 7:59 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I'm sorry PP, but that makes no sense. There is proof of the earth's age through carbon dating. Why do you choose to believe something that is wrong just for the sake of it?
    Anonymous

• It won't make sense because the way God thinks and creates is outside of man's ability to understand.... the human brain does not have the compacity to comprehend the things of God.
    The earth is 6 thousand years old. The bible says a thousand years is one day and one day is a thousand yrs. God is outside of time so to Him it is 6 days. The bible says the earth was created in 6 literal days because it talks about night and day . Also back then days were longer not shorter and its been getting shorter as the many years go by just like age is shorter. That will change though the closer we approach the end of the age.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Carbon dating disputes the 6000 year old theory with the fact from carbon dating. But some will agrue the color of the sky with anyone that doesn't believe the Bible to be factual.
    Anonymous

• WOW... The world is 4.5 billion years old. The only reason there might be a human foot print in a dinosaurs' is b/c someone stepped in it many years later.
    Carbon dating tells all.
    Anonymous