baby will not take a bottle!

I do daycare and right when baby turned 6 weeks i started doing daycare for her and her mom cut breastfeeding overnite...not a good idea i know i told her.....well now she is 3 mths old and still will NOT take a bottle for me.....her mom says she takes bottles for her but wont drink nothing for me im gonna start having her for 11.5 hours a day, right now its just a few hours but when she gets hungry all she does is cry im worried how the 11 hour days are gonna go...any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what temperature is the fluid you are giving her? it might not be the way she likes it. i know some babies have specific taste
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• i should have added this i have tried temperature....dif nipples....def feeding position...everything the second i put the bottle in front of her face she locks her mouth shut...its so weird i have never seen it before
    Anonymous

• Try a cup instead. Baby is old enough. Remove the spill proof valve and tip the cup...baby sips the milk.

Hmm. One other thing that occurs to me, if baby takes it from mom...try gettinga t-shirt or something from mom to drape over yourself. Something with her scent. Might help. And if you wear perfumes or lotions...that *could* affect her.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• do u use the same formula as her?
    Anonymous

• If baby supposedly takes a bottle from mom, then maybe mom needs to come give baby a bottle halfway through the day. Give her an ultimatum that if she can't do that til baby will take it better from you, you can't keep the baby, or something like that.
    Anonymous

• Can the mom relactate and provide you with pumped breastmilk? I did this for more than a year.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:02 AM on Jan. 6, 2010