so im due tomorrow and my doctors want me to wait another week to see if my water breaks ? i need advice to hurry this process up?

jan62010

Asked by jan62010 at 7:42 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Just because your due date comes doesnt mean the baby is ready. If the baby and your body is not ready you wont go in to labor even if you try everything under the sun. It may take another week or it could be tonight, You made it this far just wait

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:47 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I would just go on walks to try and let gravity do its work. For me, I'm 37wks, I notice that going up my stairs quickly at home always makes me contract a little. But its only when I go up them faster then normal... With my first I went to the mall and walked around for a few hours window shopping etc. He was 4 days late but when I did that I went into labor that night. GL with labor when it does come!!!

beka03

Answer by beka03 at 7:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Yes just because you are due does not mean baby is ready. They can only estimate when baby comes. Only you baby and body know when you concieved. So you just need to be patient. Keep think my baby needs it so i need to just wait for when baby is here. Because before you know it all be done and you will think it went by so fast. I'm proud of your Dr for saying wait instead of push for baby to come out before baby is ready. That is were so many more babies are ending up in the NICU because they deliver baby before it is ready.
    Anonymous

• i don't really get the rush. just wait a couple of weeks. it's very likely that things will happen naturally within that time frame. :) good luck!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• ok i aint ask for anybodys opinion i asks for advice THANKS
    jan62010

Answer by jan62010 at 8:59 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• SEX :) worked for me and 5 hours later i was dilated 5cms

31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• they gave you advice it just wasnt what you wanted to hear. if your baby and body is not ready NOTHING will work
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• "wait" is advice... you shouldn't ask for advice and expect to like all the advice given
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• OK DID I ASK YOU
    jan62010

Answer by jan62010 at 9:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• yes you did, you asked in an open forum, you technically asked everyone in the world
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2010