Two possitive pee tests, and a negative... Am I pregnant?

The two at-home ClearBlue tests both clearly said "pregnant," but the planned Parenthood test was negative. I"m going to the free clinic doctor Saturday to get a blood test, but should I already bo planning for baby?

ainegirl

Asked by ainegirl at 7:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've had that happen when I was pregnant with my second. Home tests said positive and the PPH test said negative. I'd say you better be planning for a baby! Congrats!

PPH tests are the same thing as the pee test you take at home. All they do is take an eye dropper with your pee and drop it on the test instead of you actually peeing on it.

Some pee tests are different though...some test for the hormone at a certain level while others test at a different level. So like the Clear Blue Early detection tests test for a much lower level of the hormone than the PPH does and that may be why theirs was negative. How early are you testing?
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 7:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• The same thing happened to me. I would say you are pregnant just not very far along. Sometimes the tests the doctors use are not as sensitive as the ones you use at home.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 7:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• JUst wait for the blood test.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2010