3 mins apart contractions, afraid dr will send me home again

I have had contractions for a week and a half now. Today they are 3 mins apart and I am hurting BADLY!! This is worse than the labor ever was with my DD. What do I tell them if they want to send me home again? Also any suggestions on how to get their monitor to pick up my contractions?

JalynnMarie407

Asked by JalynnMarie407 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If they are 3 mins apart and you tell them this they will have to double check you and the baby...
    go to the hospital....

Good Luck and Congrats on the new baby
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Tell them that you're not going home.
    The contractions are three minutes apart, they wouldn't send you home if they're smart.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• When you get there tell them that you will not leave that they need to do something. Good luck and congrats.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• throw a fit-seriously. you have to advocate for youself. unless their rooms are full, they aren't going to want to deal with an irate woman and will help you out. ask to talk to someone higher up. and really, they should admit you. don't worry. and speak up during your stay! there is always someone you can talk to if you aren't ok with the way things are going.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 8:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• imo EFMs suck. it makes me so angry if a nurse or doctor or midwife pays attention to a damn monitor instead of to the mom! but if it were me, i would stay home for a good while longer because it's always better to labor at home anyway, and that way you won't have to worry about them sending you home. also, just being in the hospital can stall labor so that could be part of it. also imo it's better that they send you home instead of try to augment your labor or operate.

i'm so sorry you are going through this. the prodromal labor stuff is so frustrating. best wishes and i hope you have your baby in your arms soon. :)
    Anonymous