how do i get my son to staop having nightmares?

he will wake up in the middle of the night just screaming help me help me i i dont know what to do the only shows he gets to watch are on the spourt chanell

iluvyoucharlie

Asked by iluvyoucharlie at 8:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you can't control what a person dreams. but what he's having are most likely night terrors. They're very common and there's a lot of information on them if you just google it online. I don't have a ton of experience with it. the one or two times its happened, we just let her sleep with us.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 8:59 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Get him a dream catcher and tell him that all of his dreams go through it while he's sleeping and tell him that good dreams are like water so they will go right though the nets but that bad dreams are like big rocks so they can't fit through the tiny holes and they get stuck on the dream catcher until the sun comes up and makes them melt away. Unless of course you don't lie to your child in which case I don't know what you can do but it's proven that if kids don't think they are going to have a bad dream because they have something to protect them that they more then likely won't have a bad dream. Although honestly if it is a true night terror the only thing you can do is wake him up and comfort him back to sleep because of how really real those kinds of dreams feel.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Jan. 6, 2010