How do I potty train my son?

so my son is 15 months & i want 2 potty train him, but i dnt kno how.

Mrs.Ferri

Asked by Mrs.Ferri at 8:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You wait until he is physically capable of holding his urine. That is usually around the age of three. If you don't want to change diapers until your kid is old enough to potty train, then don't have kids.
    Anonymous

• In my Opinion, he is too young, I tried at 2 and a half, boy---had to wait until 3, I think your going to frustrate yourself and your little one if you start now. They are not babies for long, so why the rush? I know there are people who say they had their kids trianed by a year and a half, but I think they were trained to run them to the potty every 10 minutes, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Children are not physically able to control their bladder until after at least six months of walking. Most aren't mentally able to control it until after 2 years old or even 3 or more.
    Anonymous

• doctors don't even want you to TRY until at least 2. they can't hold their own urine when they are that small. he's too young.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:54 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• My son was potty trained at 2.5. I think 15 months is a bit young, but you don't necessarily have to wait until he's 3. Boys are harder than girls (so I've heard), but watch for clues that he's ready before you start pushing.
    RobynS

Answer by RobynS at 8:39 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• we going to buy a potty and just put it in the bathroom for her to sit on it when she come with me to the bathroom she show signs of wanting to go, like go and sit aside when she's poopping and so
    Lihi

Answer by Lihi at 9:19 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I let him see Daddy or a male figure in his life using the bathroom. First I tried standing and put froot loops or cherrios in the water for targets. So it was fun and not scary. Get a seat that goes on top of yours so his little bottom won't fall in and scare him. Learn his patterns and catch him before he goes. Don't give up. Don't go back and forth to diapers and underware it will confuse him....at least it did with my son.Underware all the time ex cept napping and bed. He learned very well and didn't have many accidents. Wet the bet once! We Didn't let him have any fluids past a certain time and he was fine with that. I hope this helps and would love to give more advice is you would like it.
    Bonkers81ny

Answer by Bonkers81ny at 10:06 AM on Jan. 6, 2010