17 week ultrasound

ok im having my first ultrasound in 2weeks ill be 17 weeks by then what are the chances ill be able to find out the sex of my baby?

junebutterfly

Asked by junebutterfly at 9:09 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Pretty good. We found out at 17 weeks and again at 20
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• They are pretty good if the baby is cooperative and wants to show what he/she is. Good luck and congrats.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Very likely....I know at my 12 week they said 80% sure it was a boy, sure enough it was! I think they can tell at that point. Hope the bugger isn't stubborn and lets you know!
    TBSNBubblegum

Answer by TBSNBubblegum at 9:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• If it a boy you might be able to tell. There third leg is kinda easy to spot but if they tell you its a girl go back a few weeks later before you go crazy buying pink. This has been so much recently with my friends!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• pends on possition of baby. I was 20 weeks before he would let us see that he had a winky
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 9:15 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• You should be able to find out at 17 weeks pretty accurately if the baby is cooperating.

Before 14 weeks all babies look basically the same so it's very common to be told boy that early by an inexperienced tech and find out it's a girl at 20 weeks. The only difference is the angle of the "nub" before 14 weeks.

Interesting site, especially the info at the bottom: http://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 9:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2010