Chapped skin...

My daughter just turned 2 today and she is getting red chapped skin around her mouth. I don't know what is good to put on it...any suggestions? I have all sorts of baby lotion, aquaphor, vaseline....just thought I'd look for suggestions first before I go applying stuff near her mouth.

xtwilightx

Asked by xtwilightx at 9:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my doc recommended aquaphor for my daughters teething rash at 8 or 9 months. As long as you rub it in, it's not a problem. If you are concerned about ingestion, if you have lanalin, that's great as it's safe for babies to eat/nurse with. Or just get some chap stick and use that around the mouth.
    Anonymous

• Butt Paste, the miracle I still can't live without, use it thick when she is asleep! I think this is the best stuff for so many uses besides diaper rash, I used it on poisin oak this summer and it was amazing,,,,, the best stuff ever in a bottle!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:14 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• but near her mouth?
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 9:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• gerber teeny faces, comes in a tube like chapstick but a bit bigger. made for little one's faces, really nice and mild and safe to use near the mouth. its what I used for all three of my droolers....
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:29 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Eucerin is awesome! I buy this one (creme):

http://www.eucerinus.com/products/hb_original.html

Anonymous