do you think having 1 child is just as challenging as having 2 or more children?

dont get me wrong i love my kids and wouldnt trade them for anything, but i ask because i thought it was hard when i only had 1 child...now that that we have 3, sometimes i feel like there is just not enough me/us to go round...i feel like i am losing it alot of times...time-wise, financially, mentally...every way possible there is absolutely more strength that is needed to raise 3 instead of just 1 (all under 4 btw)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• 1 is hard more than one is totally different...and harder!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• yeah I have two kids and one at a time is much easier.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• from what I recall.....only having one was a breeze compared to now. but then someone who's only had one and only going to have one doesn't have the experience of the other kids to be able to say if it is easy or not. those of us with more than one can only reminisce....

heck my older kids are spending the night at grandma's - I've got only my youngest. wow....its EASY! lol just put her to bed and she's the good sleeper. no telling anyone to get back into bed tonight!
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Nope, one is pretty easy. You generally have more time to devote to just one and it's sure easier to get one child ready to go out than it is two or more. With 2 or more, you're not only dealing with different age groups, personalities, etc...you also have to divide your time between them all and daily chores, etc.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 9:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Yes, I also have three, it is hard. It was definitely easier when I just had one but I hardly remember those days. lol My oldest just turned three, I live in a crazy house. But I wouldn't change a thing.
    Anonymous

• of course more than 1 takes more of everything, but 1 benefit of having more than 1 is if they play together and occupy eachtoher
    Anonymous

• OMG! I laugh when i see a momma of ONE who complains about how hard it is- i had ONE for four years, there are days that i miss it too! my answer to anyone who thinks THAT is hard, take mine for a week! (hope you have incredible home owners insurance. and do you own a pet?)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Anon 22:55~ its the occupying one another that worries me! when they are quiet you know you're screwed!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• A lady I work with only has one kid and he is just starting to get into sports and activities and all. I just think of my three and all the activities I am running around to get all of them to and they are all still under the age of 9! Having more than one child can be more challenging, esp for those that have one or more with mental or physical issues. But having one child with many issues is also a challenge in itself. I do get a kick out of people who have an older child (7 or 8 yrs) and a baby and tell you they totally understand what you are going through when your three kids are 4 yrs apart! Each situation is different though and while one child may be a handfull to some moms, another single child may be a mother's dream. But then again, there are some not so good mom's and some mom's that put the rest of us to shame lol.
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 10:15 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Not a chance in hell.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 10:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2010