do you or have you ever sold mary kay?

please share your story. thinking about doing it and i want to know the pros and cons.

Babiluv80

Asked by Babiluv80 at 9:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• I tried it for a little while but absolutely hated it. It just wasn't for me. I felt like I couldn't genuinely become friends with anyone. When ladies found out I sold Mary Kay they'd shy away from me so I didn't try selling them stuff I guess. I LOVE the products and use everything Mary Kay (I think microdermabrasion is heaven!) but now I only place big orders every 6 months and stockpile all the stuff I use at the 50% discount.
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 11:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I signed up once and didnt get far with it...my recruiter pushed inventory big time and it wasnt my thing.However I also didnt give the business much time.Im thinking of rejoining just for the discount.I buy from a really good rep now and she pointed out how much I have spent in the past year and I would save money just buying at a 50% once every 6 months.Still thinking about it.If you do join,join someone who is active and can teach you all aspects of the business,not just recruiting.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 6:48 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org
    Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:43 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• http://pinktruth.com/

Tons and tons of info from former Mary-Kayers here.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I've done it, twice actually. I wasn't for doing home parties... going into people's homes and trying to sell them things. They push the fact that you should carry a huge inventory - which requires a huge investment up front as well as a lot of time and effort. For me, it wasn't the key. I didn't have the thousand + dollars for inventory (Ideally $3000+) and wasn't comfortable enough to constantly find new leads.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:53 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Mary Kay is a wonderful business opportunity for women. I have been a consultant since 2003. Simply love it. Mary Kay Cosmetic is a brand name women already know with a large follower of loyal customers. The website has been a plus for me. I get several hits looking for a Mary Kay Consultant. If you want to know the real pinktruth pm me.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 10:18 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• no, I found this instead http://mymoneyfish.com/u/getyoursnow
    Anonymous