Should I think about having another child yet?

My son is 17 months old, me and my husband have been thinking about trying to get pregnant sometime this summer, roughly when our son is about two. Do you all think that is a good age spacing? If we do get pregnant as planned then our son will be almost three when our next is born. I really dont want them to be to far apart in age, but I dont want them to be so close that my son wont understand and feel neglected. what do you all think?

Joeysmom8

Asked by Joeysmom8 at 9:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• If you guys are ready sounds good to me!! I think thats a good space between the two.. just remember you don't always get pregnant when your ready or want to.. sometimes its harder! Good luck to you! :)
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I think its a good gap. My son was 2.5 when we conceived our second son. He was two months before his third birthday when his baby brother arrived. The play together really well and best of all, my oldest was out of diapers when the baby came.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• We started trying the month before my son turned 2. It took 3 cycles but we are expecting and they will be almost 3 years apart. I think that's a good time frame apart!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• My Son is about to be 1 year. We started TTC this month. I want mine close in age. They tend to get along better in the long run if they are close in age. My brother was born when I was 3 years old and we faught like cats and dogs up until the day I left home after highschool. BUT each child is different. If you and your husband are ready and you think you can handle two children, mentally and finacially, etc... then go for it.
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 8:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• It all depends on what you and your family. Everyone is different and can "handle" different things. My first 2 were only 13 months apart, and yes, we planned it that way. We are currently TTC #3 and *hopefully* #3 will be born when my 2nd son is about 2 1/2 yrs old. If you feel ready, then you're ready :) Good Luck!
    ammil87

Answer by ammil87 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 7, 2010