do you wear your emotions on your sleeves?

in other words you are a really sensitive person and everyone knows that about you. i do and i hate that about myself. i and have no idea of how to change that.

Babiluv80

Asked by Babiluv80 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• only around dh. and it drives him batty.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Don't change~! There are far too few sensitive individuals on this planet if you ask me...yes, we hurt more but we also experience joy on a much deeper level than others. Stop hating that about yourself hun, it's a beautiful thing.
    Anonymous

• thank you anon 59...sigh... but thats the problem. everyone seems so stone hearted and it hurts me to the core...makes me feel alone in this world. while everyone else is seemly breezing through life unaffected one way or the other...i on the other hand feel not only my hurt and pain but the hurt and pain others experience (hence why i try to keep media exposure to a minimum)...guess i am just tired right now so i am whining a bit. during the day i am more upbeat about things...:-)
    Babiluv80

Answer by Babiluv80 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Don't hate that about yourself, there's nothing wrong with it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• i was like that too until i kept getting walked all over by people. i got tired of people taking advantage of me being nice and sensitive. im still sensitive but only when i'm around my so. i don't cry a ton but i show my real emotions around him.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• YES and I wish I could sometimes not take things so personal. I wish I could just let some things slide but I am hurt easily.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• yup

Answer by admckenzie at 11:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I totally understand. I feel like I am always too sensitive. I cry so much and everyone knows it. But honestly...it doesn't make you bad or that you need to change. It is kind of refreshing to be able to cry. I dated a guy that only cried three times...and he was seriously nuts... after all that he went thru it would have helped him I think. As long as you aren't making yourself vunerable to others then I don't think there is anything wrong with it.
    Have you read "The Four Agreements"? It is an awesome book and it kind of explained why certain people let things get to them. Good luck!
    mmbyme

Answer by mmbyme at 12:01 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Yes but I am also as equally stubborn, so if I don't want the person to know, I am really good at curbing that flaw.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:11 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Emotions are what keep us 'feeling' people.

There are none that are too sensitive..there are only those that are lessor sensitive to others.

Never change who you are unless you want that change on your own terms...don't change for anyone or anything else.

I am a sensitive person too... I care deeply about others, and love deeply...and only wish that they too could be as 'sensitive' as me!

*Smiles*
    PinkSodaPop

Answer by PinkSodaPop at 5:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2010