twin mix up

I keep toenail polish on one of my identical twin boys and well it came off and I panicked I believe I knew who was who then I started second guessing myself I feel like such a horrible mother anyways how can you tell identical twins apart without telling the whole world you suck at being a twin mommy

Christiansmom06

Asked by Christiansmom06 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Awww, you don't suck. I would see if they have a birthmark, mole, different shaped toe.. I would think that when they get a little older it will be easier.. Don't feel bad Momma, you're only human.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:59 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• awwwe, don't worry momma. I know I would be one to make this mistake too and always wondered how moms did it when their child was a baby. Trust your first instinct on who is who and quit second guessig and beating yourself up about it. It could happen to anyone.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:59 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I have heard from friends and family with identical twins...never second guess. Your mother instinct kicks in you will know. Did you get it figured out?
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• one may carry a little more weight than the other
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• They're identical it's natural to not be able to tell them apart.
    Take a closer look. One might have a birth mark, mole, frekle that the other one doesn't. One might carry more weight then the other. One might be taller, or one might have slightly darker/lighter hair. Just take a closer look.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• We look at them one time and we say who is who and tehn we look at them again and we choose differently I need some sleep
    Christiansmom06

Answer by Christiansmom06 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• try and color coding their clothes red and blue always keep a sock or mit or shirt something of one of the colors on atleast one of them
    Anonymous

• there was a full house episode about this way back in the day, anyways they ended up footprinting one of the boys and then comparing it to the one that you get at the hospital
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• maybe use 2 brands of diapers. One in huggies, the other in pampers.
    Anonymous

• i wouldn't feel guilty at all!

my friend has twin boys and one was born with shorter hair than the other and to this day they keep his hair cut short and the other boy with slightly longer hair. lol. they are 3 or 4 now i think.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:44 AM on Jan. 6, 2010