Why did this upset me?

I have my God children over tonight. plus my two school ages kids. I rented a movie for the little ones to watch. Disney classic! I love them. Anyway as I am picking up the play room my hubby comes upstairs and downs the volume down so we cannot hear anything. Just so he can have his television on surround sound and watch what he wants. Says we have it turned up too loud. Really? But if he watches TV he has it so loud the neighbors could hear. I mean I cannot hear myself talk when he watches his shows. I think he is so selfish when it comes to him watching TV. And on top of that 75% of the time he falls asleep watching it. I was entertaining little kids. Just irritating. You would think for one night he could just turn it down.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd be mad too!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:59 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Are you serious? He's an a'hole~! Selfish, controlling jerk!
    Anonymous

• it's your house too why you letting him run it?
    Anonymous

• Sounds selfish in the surface but have you considered that your DH could have hearing problems, sensory processing disorder or undiagnosed Asperger's?

Check into it, you could be surprised to find out that what most wives consider "selective hearing and selfish behavior" has reasons unknown to us and even them (DHs) Just a though, now if you feel strongly that is all a self centered behavior, kick his ass, children needs are a priority.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 10:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Go turn down his TV, point at him, and say "It's not always about you and what you want", and then go turn the kids' movie back up.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 10:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Ohh yea. That'd get under my skin too.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:15 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I would be mad, you got the kids and I'm pretty sure you didn't have yours that loud and why do guys do that i'll never understand, hes probably sleeping as we are typing!! would he rather the kids come down to where hes watching tv and watch it with him...i doubt it!! There's gotta be some happy medium here with him not just thinking of himself!!
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Perhaps he should get his hearing tested

Answer by admckenzie at 11:32 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• What?! no offense by all means but that was a very jerkish move.. I would totally be mad!! Very very mad! You had every right to be angry...sheesh.. Men!
    julie6683

Answer by julie6683 at 12:25 AM on Jan. 6, 2010