December 21, 2012? What's up with this date??

All you see all over the television is Nostradamus, the Mayans etc. and how they all predicted that on 12/21/12 this will be a big turn of events whether the world end or some serious changes to our world, just wondering everyone else's opinion. My husband is ready to start stocking up food and supplies and meds because he really beleives we need to prepare for this date, I honestly think it will just be another day, what do you think??

jsimonds220

Asked by jsimonds220 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Just another day for all of us.
    Anonymous

• If it's really the end, then how will stocking up really help you? Every generation has said dooms day is upon them. This is just another day on the calendar. Let's live our lives and stop worrying about dooms day.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Stocking up won't help with the end of civilization. If we all die you've wasted all your money. Then again it wouldn't matter .. we're all dead.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:12 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My husband said well we could be one of the survivors, I just laugh and say you actually think you will be in such a small perentage of people that may survive if anyone survives at all, I just can't help but laugh...Too much of the Nat Geo and History channel I guess...lol:)
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 10:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• 12 days before Christmas in 2012. Just another day.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• It'll be our 3rd wedding anniversary. So I'll be very busy making out with my DH.

I used to live in a Mayan village, and I asked one of my pals there what was up. She laughed and said Americans are so stupid. They believe everything. She told me their calendar begins a new cycle. It's a time for spiritual rebirth.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I like your answer ecodani! I believe it will be the beginning of something new too and I just read this to my husband and I think it kind of eased his worries about that date thanks:)
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 11:10 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• eye rollingJust another scare tactic set up by the government!!

CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:13 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Prince needs to create a new song to go with that date. His "1999" song just won't do anymore....lol.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:28 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I don't think Nostradamus predicted anything until the year 40 something. The only thing that gives me any pause is the whole earth being in alignment with the sun and a black hole. They say this may cause the earths axis to shift in the other direction causing horrible weather conditions, earth quakes, volcano's etc. They said Alaska used to be near the equator. So, the scientific portion worries me a bit, but not enough to run out and start hoarding food. If it ends, it ends, and there is nothing we can do about it.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:00 AM on Jan. 6, 2010