Anyone follow the Casey Anthony case?

I read the book and saw some things on it. Just wondered if anyone else was following it and what their thoughts are on the case. The duct tape was tampered with and they can't find Casey's DNA, but she still seems really fishy to me.

lowencope

Asked by lowencope at 10:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I have just stumbled upon this website due to your question about casey anthony i have followed te case for two years almost..Wondered how you heard about it. I followed it not this year but year before last whilst in Orlando I was so taken back by the whole story I had to follow it back home in the UK.
    This girl seems to the whole world like she killed her adorable daughter, however if you want to know anything just ask i am so up on the whole case, however tonight I found a strange thing relating to the case, some guy who is doing life in prison claims that casey anthony went out with a guy who she never knew was a phedofile excuse the spelling and this guy told the guy in prison that he killed the child and that casey had no idea,also the guy in prison says he is prepared to give the persons name etc and tell you how he did it, also he claims that the guy gave him three pictures of casey and kayleigh and he still has them!
    suzziesofa

Answer by suzziesofa at 3:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I used to watch Nancy Grace faithfully, until the Tiger Woods thing. There are so many other things besides the duct tape to lead you to think / be sure that Casey killed her daughter. The first thing is that she waited for a whole month to report her missing, and even then, it was Cindy who actually called to report Caylee missing. If it wasn't for the grandma, who knows when the little girl would have been reported as missing... Then, she made up a nanny who didn't exist. She has lied about so many things in this case it is hard to even credit the possibility that there was someone else involved. To me, it is obvious that she did it, and that she has some kind of personality disorder that needs treatment. (And I do not understand how her parents can stick up for her through all this, either.)
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:27 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• She proved her butt guilty to me when she didn't report her baby missing.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I followed it up until MJ died and I couldn't stand to watch NG then. There is tons of evidence piled against her, I just would like to know why the hello is it taking so long and whether or not the prosecution is going to ask the jury for the Death Penalty... Since Dec 11th the judge said they could.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 10:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Her not saying anything about her child missing plus going out and partying told me she did it.
    Anonymous

• Her dad was a cop and probably has friends would not be shocked if she walked. Hope someone sterilizes the tramp in prison so she can never breed again. I think her parents were involved don't believe they killed the child but helped her cover it up. Poor little girl didn't stand a chance being born into that nutjob family.
    Anonymous

• Oh I don't know if you knew this or not but they found a syringe with traces of chloroform in it placed inside a Gatorade bottle near caylee's remains. http://wdbo.com/localnews/2009/11/chloroform-syringe-were-found.html

So that leads from Casey's house (computer with searches on how to make chloroform) to Casey's car (which had traces of chloroform in it) to now the woods near the body.

The you know what is guilty and I hope she fries.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 11:34 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I've followed this case closely; my oldest is the same age & has a similar look to Caylee; it breaks my heart everytime I see her photo on the screen. We live in FL; actually used to live not too terribly far from where this happened.

I feel there is a lot of evidence against her; let's just say this girl is lucky I'm not on the jury. No mother that doesn't have something to hide or is somehow involved would be out parting for 31 days; drinking dancing lauging taking pictures; stealing checkbooks and going on Target shopping sprees (they have that on Target Security Footage) while her daughter is missing. They've proven w/out a doubt in most minds that she totally made up that whole Zeniada Gonzales crap.

I want them to pull Old Sparky out of the closet and hook her ass up. Not life in prison I don't want to pay to house; clothe & feed her; Not lethal injection too easy; nope I'm with Crissy on this one - fry her.
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 11:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Crissy - last I heard they were again going for the Death Penalty. Although you know they'll appeal a hundred times or whatever.

Anon - I don't think her Dad will get her out of anything honestly. From what I saw at least in the beginning he was the one who was willing to admit that Casey's story didn't quite add up and he was concerned what that might mean etc...

I think she has some sort of mental defect and I hope that doesn't get her off; but I seriously believe that because I believe she is a Master Manipulator; if you all remember at first her parents weren't really on any side; they just wanted Caylee - then after Caylee was found and they'd had several visits with Casey they became increasingly supportive of her; I don't even feel it was an overnight thing; it felt gradual like she was convincing them; which is why visits stopped cause they don't want us to hear/see the tapes anymore. In FL that's public info
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 11:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I don't think she has a mental defect I think she is a spoiled self absorbed brat and her daughter didn't fit into her wild partying lifestyle. She killed her hoping she could party and move on with her life. She thought she was smart enough and cute enough to get away with it. Thankfully, that is not the case she is not that cute one of the ugliest people on the inside there is and is not smart at all. I do think her mother would cover for her and her dad if pressured too much would as well. They all know something and won't say what it is. I feel for that little girl being raised by a trashy chaotic person and then being murdered by her. Why not just give her up for adoption or give her to the parents to raise? She is not mental she is vile and should rot. If she was a man no one would even bring that up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Jan. 6, 2010