Photographers, What Digital SLR Do You Recommend?

I love my Baby. It's a 35mm Canon EOS Rebel xs N. I absolutely love film photography, but let's face it Digital is more convenient. I would like to stay in the EOS Rebel models, as my 35mm lenses will be compatable with the digital. However, I am open to all suggestions as I do my homework on the selection. I'll admit, I don't know much about DSLR's, as I am a 35mm girl at heart, so again doing the homework.

I shoot Portrait, Landscape, and Nature, so I'm looking for a DSLR that will work with me as I change my subject. I am looking to buy before my Road Trip (Michigan to Arizona) in February. Thanks for all your help, Ladies.

JazzlikeMraz

Asked by JazzlikeMraz at 10:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Technology

• The Rebel is also available as a DSLR--I believe I've seen it at Wal-Mart. On the cheaper end of Canon's line I believe... Make sure the lens are interchangable with the ones you currently have before you buy.

I've always sworn by my film Nikon, but the digital version is just too heavy to pack around each day on a long trip. My husband loves his 12 mega pixel D300 (around $3000 when it was new 2 years ago), but I find that the $800 Olympus E volt 620 (8 mega pixel) suits me just fine. Both have interchangable lenses.

Personally I feel that anything more than a 6 mega pixel in an SLR is OVERKILL unless you know you're going to print larger than 11x14--and not many people do. When you buy, don't spend more on the fancy upgrades like "video capabilities." An SLR should take photos, and a movie camera should take videos. There are more things to go wrong if you try to find one camera that does it all.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 6:15 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Lumix; it is a joint venture between Panasonic and Leica.

My spouse bought 8 of these at a police auction; we have two left. Contact me offlist if you are interested.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:35 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• thanks pp x
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:28 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My photographer husband loves and prefers his Nikon D200. It's the same camera you see the CSI's using on the CSI shows. The NCIS crew also uses the same type of camera. I've used it before and I love it.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:05 AM on Nov. 12, 2010