daughters boyfriend stealing

my daughter's boyfriend took money from his work, he called and told her that his boss wouldnt give him his check, Me not knowing that money was missing called his boss a lil while later I found out the truth, I called and appologized to clear up that with him, so now what do i do with the theif of a boyfriend. there is more to the story his parents left him alone for they could go to mexico, and told him to pay the bills, buy food and send them money, on top of all that his boss was 4 days late in giving him his check....no its not an excuse to ever still but i try to look at all sides. and the boss did get his money back but im still pissed just not sure at who please give me some advice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• His parents left him alone? For good? for vacation? I don't understand. How old is he? I'm sure at his job he don't make that much money so how would his parents expect him to be able to afford everything? He sounds like he is under a lot of pressure to get things done and I know it's not right to steal, but from the sounds of it he was doing it to survive.
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• his parents have left him for a month now, he works 25 hours a week at 7.40 an hour and hes 18 and after me sitting down just to figure out what he has sent them and the bills he had to pay i have no clue how he ate so far....at 18 its no where near mature enough to be left alone for that long
    Anonymous

• That is sooo crazy that on top of everything he has to send them money as well, I don't know what's going on in the mother and father's head but I actually feel for this poor kid, I give him props for stepping up like that at that age and actually taking on those type of responsibilities most kids would blow the bills off and go blow their check, so if it was me there would be no way I could be mad at this kid for what he did like I said before talk about being put under that type of pressure, it's his parents that need the slap!!
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• and at 7.40 an hour he would have to work a million hours a week to survive the bills that come with a house!!!!!
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I think your daughter needs to dump her boyfriend. He sounds like a loser and a bad guy. Stealing is so so wrong.
    Anonymous

• i think i woud be helping him find better housing arrangments and tell the parents off when they get home.......
    if he is going to school and working look in to dorms that have dinning halls where meals are included in the
    price of the dorm......if only working i would be helping find better job with long hours or second parttime one.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• whoever wrote that he is a bad guy for stealing read the entire story before judging look at his circumstances and the pressure his parents left him under and then make your judgement!
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 11:15 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• "I think your daughter needs to dump her boyfriend. He sounds like a loser and a bad guy. Stealing is so so wrong. "

Wow that is a shitty way to be...I mean come on! he is 18 and I bet he is REALLY confused and scared...

Anonymous

• I uh....well uh...um...WTF? Who the hell leaves an 18 year old in alone to pay bills? I would tell him not to worry about sending them money...do his parents not have JOBS? Jesus...if this story is true those people are idiots. And just because the son is in a bad spot doesn't mean it's ok for him to steal either.

Find the local food bank for him and he can talk to them about getting food there. He should also look into getting the hell out of his parent's house and just letting the bills pile up and go overdue. It's not his credit that is going to suffer. His parents are idiots and deserve to have their house repo'd.
    Anonymous

• I agree with most everyone. He shouldn't be left to pay the bills and he certainly shouldn't be paying for his parents' house out of his wallet. Let their bills pile up and help the poor kid get a place of his own. He was wrong to steal but under the circumstances I wouldn't be able to be angry with him.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 11:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2010