Why did you start smoking? and how old were you?

There is a question about people in their 30's starting smoking and that they should know better in their 30's then younger people. SO how old were you and why did you start smoking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't know why I started....dumb I guess. I was 16 when I started. I am going to be 27 in a week and I have quit three times, just to start again. It's very frustrating but one of these times I am going to quit for good!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I was 11- started smoking when one was offered to me after my dad beat the crap out of me- realized that it calmed me down... so, there you have it.

now i'm 25- and quit about 5 months ago. knew better then, know better now- but sometimes i still want one.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• i was 13, when i had my 1st cig. shortly after my mother passed away. (she was a 4 packaday girl herself). so of course i dont blame her for my bad decisions, but i think i use her habit to have something to hang on to. might sound strange but it makes sense to me. im "trying" to quit, and i know im strong enough to do it.... cigarettes are nasty! and we all know it!
    Anonymous

• I was 14 years old when I started, I regret it now!! I was a freshman in high school and the little store across the street from my school would sell them to me...I started for the dumbest reason in the world....cuz that's what my friends were into at the time and it stuck with me all these years cuz i am now 31yrs old and still struggle with it, don't ya just wish you could rewind time and change somethings sometimes??
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 10:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I was probably 14 or 15 though I actually started smoking LONG before then. My mom and dad thought it was cool to teach me and my sister at 2 and 3 how to light cigarrettes. I turned 3 and she turned 2 in 1970 so this was a long time ago. They pulled us out at party like trick ponies to light everyones cigarrettes and of course everyone thought it was cute. Now, it would have gotten us taken away from them in a flash but not then. We did that little trick until we were around 5 and 6. Both us picked up smoking in our mid-teens and now, at almost 43 and almost 42 we are 5 and 6 years smoke free.
    Anonymous

• I was in college, in 1964, and I quit many years later , after the Surgeon General started putting warnings on cigarette packs and my kids begged me to stop. I still miss it but I feel so much healthier now.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I started when I was 14 I am 28 don't regret it one bit. Me and my husband both smoke. I will quit when I am ready I just don't like people telling when I should quit and telling me crap I already know. My business they are no better than me.
    Anonymous

• I was 14 when I started, I guess I was rebelling and wanted to be cool. I was 23 when I quit.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 11:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2010