Would you describe yourself as a free thinker or a sheeple and why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Who would agree to being a sheeple> lol even if they are they won't admit it!
    Anonymous

• freethinker def! because i consider all aspects of any subject.... or i'd like to think so...
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 10:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I think of a sheeple as someone who plays by all the rules. (Vaccinating, school, daycare...just some examples of things I think differently about.) I know that sounds terrible there are other examples out there. I mean do you do everything you are told by the world or do you say... hmmm I need to think on that and really research for yourself?
    Anonymous

• everyone is a freethinker, no one can think for someone else, and at the same time everyone determines what they think, belief and how they behave based on the information they are given and their life experiences. I don't think anyone can go into either of these categories.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Free thinker because I don't let anyone tell me what to do, what to think or how to live.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Definitely a sheepie. I like to find what others think and then decide what I think after weighing all the options.

Answer by Bmat at 11:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I find it laughable that the previous poster thinks that because she follows a different dogma than some other people she is some how a "free thinker." Anti vax people are not some how immuned to societal pressures... they are just caving to a different set of pressures than others.

What if I took the same set of "research" and information that you did and came up with a different opinion on it: that anti-vax science is junk science. Does my conclusion make me a follower and your conclusion... to trust studies done by questionable sources, some how makes you independent?

That's insane. No, wait, asinine, that's what I meant. Eh, whatever, it's both.
    Anonymous

• I decide based on reasoning and practical evidence. I go with what has worked for centuries. I DON"T agree with any faddish and hippy theories like "No vaccinations and deciding to do home schooling". I will not follow a cultish idea that originates on the Internet on some wacky website. I am a sheeple then,I guess.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:14 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

I think we c an agree that vaccinations are a relatively new concept. I'm pretty sure homeschooling was the NORM until a couple hundred years ago. What a silly statement.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Ok, that is why I said that I knew there had to be better examples then what I put out there. What I mean is do you follow every new thing that comes out? Do you live your life regardless of what the "news" and latest and greatest research says.

For example.
    "New research suggests painting all the rooms in your home green with yellow polka dots reduces stress levels and promotes harmony" Would you run out for green and yellow paint or say, "meh, I like my walls" or Purple is more my style????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Jan. 6, 2010