I need help please tell me how to be positve and stay happy when I feel I am always being challenged.

Whether it be at home with DH and the kids, at work, kids school, house and contents--owning a house there always seems to be some problem, stores and their employees, it just always seems to be something. So....this is life? ok but how to accept it and be happy? I try to live in the moment and be thankful for all I have.....
but reality always comes back and it sucks!

QandA

Asked by QandA at 11:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm not sure if you have a religious belief or not. I am Pagan and I find my serenity and ability to stay centered and focused by meditating and time spent with my Goddess. You can pray, you can meditate, if meditating/prayer isn't your "thing", taking a walk in the park or going out on the porch and watching the snowflakes fall can be quite refreshing. Just watch each individual snowflake fall to the ground.

I have had many things transpire just in the last month alone happen and I am quite surprised I survived them all. You have to find that inner strength that all women have and you have to take whatever anger, sadness, or negative feeling you have and put it to use with something positive. Paint, write a book, write in a journal, take up horseback riding(or whatever hobby you have) just DO something that has nothing to do with what is stressing you. None of those things require tons (or any) money really to do either.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 11:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Its part of growing up and being a responsible adult....dealing with the good and the bad no matter what the situation. Your never going to find a place thats all sunshine a rainbows. You've got to find your own way to deal because what works for some doesnt work for all. GL
    justinsmommie09

Answer by justinsmommie09 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Life would not be life without struggles. Finding a balance and learning to take the negative and turn them into positives makes us stronger. You would not be challenged if you weren't meant to be. I struggle often. I have my days when I don't know how much more I can take, but then I look at my daughter, look at what I have in life that others don't and always know that it can always be worse. Easier said than done, I know. People can be so insensitive and in most cases it is because they are lacking and stuggling themselves. Don't allow someone to beat you down so that they can feel superior. Just be you, and be the best you can be.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• You need a little bit of time every day just for you: take a walk, do yoga, read a book, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:23 AM on Jan. 6, 2010