Do you think there's someone working on the "inside" for al queda?

I mean it's ridiculous that the cameras weren't even recording at Newark Air Port the day of the attempted attack. I think they need to do a background check of their security personnel there and all air ports in this country because I firmly believe there are people working on the inside. Anyone else think so?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 11:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Good possibility.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I'm going to get bashed for this and so I don't want nasty comments on my homepage which is why I'm answering anonymously. I'm going to say yes, if there are people on the "inside" I would say it's the people who first nominated obama for president. Now there are those who are believers in obama and be outraged that someone again pulled the conspiracy theory card; but a few years ago Chicago hosted a major conference for muslim leaders- coincidence ? i think not.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't be at all surprised. After all, there have been illegals getting clearance to work at more than one "high security" location, so it would not be that big of a stretch for al Qaeda to have an inside man over here.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:00 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• No doubt look at Hasan. There are traitors on all sides. Whom ever has the bigger better deal can and will get info. Just look at that couple who just got caught spying "A retired US state department official with top security clearance, and his ­elderly wife, have been arrested and charged with spying for Cuba for 30 years." See there have always been spies so this would not be a shocker.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 12:01 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• OK this is a duh question...of course they do or try to. Just like we do. Why does everyone think we are the only country who understand the concept of spies, inside men or whatever you want to call them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I HALF agree with the first Anon...but it's not the folks who nominated Obama. The nomination came from his PARTY...and many of them aren't iun the right places "inside."

But HELL YES our government is infiltrated...by prety much every power you can imagine. And guess what? Likewise, WE'VE done the same to other governments. Spooks have always been there and always will be as long as you have opposing governments.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:05 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• "OK this is a duh question..."

Okay but why are we not screening the security officers instead of screening INNOCENT AMERICAN CIVILIANS??
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:16 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• What government does Islam represent that "they" have infiltrated us?

Which government?

The problem is bigger than some "country".

The Prez is a Muslim.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 10:55 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• What government does Islam represent that "they" have infiltrated us? Which government? The problem is bigger than some "country". The Prez is a Muslim.

No he isn't and if he were, so WHAT? Do you know that there are MUSLIMS dying for YOU right now?? In our MILITARY, fighting for YOU???

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:03 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Thousands of Muslims have served in the United States military — a legacy that some trace to the First World War. But in the years since Sept. 11, 2001, as the United States has become mired in two wars on Muslim lands, the service of Muslim-Americans is more necessary and more complicated than ever before.

In the aftermath of the shootings at Fort Hood on Thursday by Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan of the Army, a psychiatrist, many Muslim soldiers and their commanders say they fear that the relationship between the military and its Muslim service members will only grow more difficult.

On Sunday, the Army’s chief of staff, Gen. George W. Casey Jr., said he worried about a backlash against Muslims in the armed forces and emphasized the military’s reliance on those men and women.
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:06 AM on Jan. 6, 2010