weird symptoms and doctor wasn't any help...

my two year old son randomly got a fever last friday or so. really it started out him just feeling warm and then he woke up that night miserable but not as warm but clearly had a fever. i cant ever get a reading on the temp cause he wont sit for it I gave him tylenol and it broke and he was fine. the couple of days and came and went random with out tylenol. i took him to the doctor nothing was wrong they said other then his throat being a lil red. today he has red welty like bumps that started out on his legs and spread to his tummy, back, and arms....and he acts like they hurt and itch. and he's been acting sad lately too. What is going on with my son please help!

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hives? Roseola? Not sure....maybe someone else can give some suggestions.
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 11:14 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I would say he is acting sad because he doesn't feel good. What he has sounds just something that went around the daycare where I worked this summer. The kids all got fevers and then broke out in a rash. Some were really bothered by the rash (like your son) and some weren't. My kids also got it. All the doctors said that once they got the rash they weren't contagious anymore. It was just a viral infection going around.
    Anonymous

• Hmmm first thing that came to my mind was measles or mumps. I don't know why though. Has your son had the MMR vaccine? I'd go back to the doctor or go to a different one. Obviously your son is sick and you need answers! If your doc won't give you them then find another one that will. If he has a rash of some kind then he def. needs to be checked out.
    Anonymous

• My grandson just had that happen too. My dd took him to the Dr. They just said allergies or virus which means they don't know. He is 2. He seems to get better each day but it has been strange

Answer by admckenzie at 11:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/roseola/DS00452

Sounds like PP was describing Roseola. My son had it like 2 or 3 times in a row when he was about 1.5. It was miserable.
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 11:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I'd get him to another doctor ASAP. You need a second opinion! If your doctor doesn't know what it is, then find someone who does.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Could very well be a virual infection, my daughter broke out in a dry raspy rash several times when she was much younger. Since I have a ton of allergies I freaked out, but her dr said it was just a virus. I can't remember what they gave her if anything.
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 11:28 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Let me tell you, my DS had the chicken pox vaccine and broke into shingles in his eye!!!!! I am not some kind of person who is a anti advocate of vaccines, but what you describe sounds like shingles, you MUST take him to the doctor and DEMAND they scrape the sore,,,,,,my poor kid was misdiagnosed and almost lost his eye over it, please don't worry about being crazy MOM, lol, !!! Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:29 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I read the link on Roseola and that sounds like what he has exactly!!! Except..the picture the provider isnt what his rash looks like and it says the rash doesnt cause discomfort and my son acts like his does. His rash is kind of "chicken pox" looking....welts that arent really close together in patches but rather far spread. Ill take him in tomorrow again i just hate how the doctors always say "its a viral infection" and shrug
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 11:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• oh and im pregnant...should I be worried about my baby?
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 5, 2010