I knew it would happen one day ...

I lost my "mojo" ... I dont know why , and I dont think it is just any one reason...but I dont know what to do, or what to try. I am letting myself, my house and my parenting get away from me.

I just feel too "tired" to try..to try and "get ready" everyday..and honestly sometimes I just feel too out of it to even brush my teeth ( and that makes me feel soo gross) , I have let my weight get out of control, I no longer fit into my "fat jeans", they use to be a last resort, what I would wear on my worst period day..and now I can barely get them over my butt! I use to look at myself and think, wow I look pretty good..and now I just say, well I am a frump, this is me now.

I use to clean everything, everyday. I use to love to clean. I have let my house go, it is dirty, I was happy when my vaccum "broke" . I just hurry up and do a few dishes MAYBE pick stuff up off the floor..toys have taken over my living room *continued*

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 11:14 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• for the last week...I just had to make a trail through my living room, around the toys..same with the kids rooms. I can see a muddy footprint on my white carpet, and Ive seen it for a few days and I havent done anything about it..a few months ago, it would have been cleaned and steamed as soon as I seen it.

I have always considered myself a good mom...actually a great mom...and now I am grouchy...I growl at them when they are too loud or playing too rough and I hate it..I use to play with them all day and now I keep saying " in a minute" ... I use to get up early and make them eggs and toast or panckaes EVERY morning.... now I just give them cereal...after they remind me.. This si the worst part..I could live with being fat and dirty, but I hate myself for letting myself act like this with them....

I just do not know what to do or why I feel like this... Has anyone else been like this? What did you do ?
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Hi, for the last year I have felt the same way, alot of reasons,,,,,but about 2 months ago I decided I had to change,,, and I did, got to the doc, get your Vitamin D level checked, have your hormones checked etc... alot of crap had been happenening and I just let it consume me! I have lost 32 lbs in about 4 months and refuse to allow myself to live a life I wouldn't want for my kid! Money is still very tight, but you know what BFD I am alive and so are you, and we have children to be thankful for, PM me if you ever want to talk,,,,,,my life isn't sunny and roses all the time, but I just changed the way I am going to allow it to control me Chin up MOMMA!!!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:19 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Honey, you and me are in the same boat! I wish I had some advice for you, but I couldn't manage to find the energy to do it myself, so who knows if it would do you any good. Eat better, get some exercise, spend some good ol' "you" time.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 11:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• No one wants to hear this but getting some sort of exercise really does boost energy. You notice just how much when you quit your exercise. Can you try to get outside, walk a little every day? I really agree with the vitamin D check. Many peoples' d levels barely register. This is critically important because lack of it is linked to breast cancer and various neuromuscular diseases. Supplements are a good idea too. Vit. C, etc. Just regain control of your life but don't put too much pressure on yourself to be "perfect." Clean what you can, feed the kids as decently as possible and get through this icky time. Things will get better.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:27 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Blah I'm right there with you except I've pretty much lost my appetite too. Ugh. I do what I gotta do to get by but I'm even starting to neglect things that really matter...like bills...sorry I can't help more..just wanted to let you know you got company in that boat you're in lovey....if you find a cure pass it on....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:29 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Go see a Dr. It could be your thyroid, or depression any of a # of things. Get yourself checked out.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 11:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• that makes me think...I seen a physic a couple of months ago ( she was actually really accurate about everything..and i wasnt really believing in it until I actually talked to her) ...anyways she said to get my thyroid checked .....so maybe she wa right about that too ?
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:44 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• MY MOTHER HAD A SAYING, WHEN YOUR A MOTHER YOU GAVE UP YOUR CHOICES. AND I FELT YOUR PAIN THROUGH YOUR STORY--BURNED OUT AND BEAT UP LOL. BEEN THERE DONE THAT---THE BEST FIX IS A PLAN WHICH STARTS WITH THIS SIMPLE RULE---------------KEEP MOVING------NO MATTER WHAT---------KEEP MOVING--------CLEANING AND ACCOOMPLISHING SOMETHING JUST KEEP MOVING DON'T TAKE A BREAK JUST KEEP GOING----AFTER YOU FINISH THE FIRST TASK--CLEANING----THE REST GETS EASIER---IT BECOMES A HABIT THE MOVING AND CLEANING AND ACCOMPLISHING SOMETHING--YOU WILL START TO FEEL BETTER BUT AS SOON AS YOU FEEL YOURSELF GOING BACK GET UP AND DO.SOMETHING. YOUR THE MOTHER YOU SET THE TONE FOR YOUR FAMILY TAKE PRIDE IN THAT--YOU ARE SETTING AN EXAMPLE FOR YOUR CHILDREN MAKE THEM PROUD. GOOD LUCK
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 11:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I was there once too. I moved into a new place and everything got set in the living room. One week later one of my new neighbors come over and walked in and found me just sitting there on the floor in the middle of it nothing had been done. She just said "well lets get this done now" She helped me alot because I was going through a depression and didn't even realize I had sunk into one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• They need to do a full blood work up on you. Iron levels, and vit B, too. You ARE doing something, you posted about it! It's probably a combination of things, not just one. So get in to see your doc, have the blood work done, and get in to see a therapist. Talk with a therapist before seeking medication. You might not need it. Just talking might help. If not, then try meds. If it's going to help you, then do it.
    And you aren't alone, obviously, with the other posts. Just start with taking care of yourself so that you CAN take care of your kids!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:49 AM on Jan. 6, 2010