when you child ONLY eats veggies...

I know I shouldnt be having this problem lol...but my daughter will hardly eat anything besides veggies... Every night at dinner I have atleast a veggie as a side...and that is all she will eat usually..so her plate is just basically a plate of corn, green beans, lima beans or peas (etc) .... sometimes she will eat something else..a couple nights ago she ate some of her pork chop...but she wont even eat noodles or mac and cheese now ..UNLESS it is fot lunch....she will eat anything for lunch ...but only veggies for supper...she has been like this for well over a year...do you think this is a phase ... ?

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 11:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's a blessing! Most kids go through phases of everything. I expect this is a phase too.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 11:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Sounds weird, I'd talk to a doctor and make sure she's getting the right amount of protein and everything she needs and if she's fine i wouldn't worry.. i'd be greatful! :)
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 11:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• See if you can get her to eat forms of protein that aren't meat...legumes and such...and hopefully it's a phase but that's a pretty long phase. Have you asked her why she won't eat meat or noodles at dinner??
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:44 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My daughter doesn't eat much meat either. She could survive off of fruits and veggies if I let her. I try to let my daughter help me cook and pick out things at the grocery store, that helps her get a little more variety. You could also try nutripals, pedisure or instant breakfast they have added protein.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 11:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Baked Beans - my kids are mostly veggie and fruit eaters too - they'll eat meat occassionally but only after they've cleared their veg or fruit off the plate... so I give them baked beans; they're not too into legumes and kidney beans and stuff like that just regular vegetables; lol - corn; green beans; broccoli; tomatoes; peas; carrots are a hit & miss at the moment - and all kinds of fruits but very picky about meats - so I make sure they each have at least two 9oz glasses of milk/day and some other form of protien; yogurt; cheese; beans; etc...OH I almost forgot Peanut Butter - my 4yr old has become a PB&J freak; so there's more protien...you can get it in while they're in this no meat phase; but keep offering it to them eventually they should start to eat it again; at least that's what my Pedi keeps telling me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I have friends that were vegetarians from a very early age like that...it could be that too. I'd suggest looking into a few cookbooks on vegetarian recipes. I think there are a few groups on here that could help you as well.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 12:49 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Just make sure she is getting the right daily vitamins. My daughter is the same way, she won't eat meat...sometimes she will but other times she won't.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:58 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• will she eat beans? or nuts? That has proteins in it. Maybe try cooking the meats different ways? And keep encouraging her to eat the meats. Try making veggies with small bits of meat mixed in it so it's like a casserole?

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 2:56 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Put peanut sauce over the vegetables; offer hummus to dip the vegetables into. Will she eat brown rice, whole grain pasta, quinoa (a whole grain high in protein with the complete chain of amino acids). Bean or lentil soup? PB&J on whole grain bread?

Maybe she will eat a wrap: whole grain tortilla, hummus, shredded vegetables.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:17 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• MY DD EATS ONLY VEGGIES ALL DAY ......AND I TRY TO GET HER TO DRINK AS MUCH MILK AS POSSIBLE BECAUSE MY MIL THINKS MY CHILD NEEDS PROTEIN.......WHICH I THINKS SHE GETS FROM HER BEANS ....IT MIGHT BE A PHASE BUT THERE ARE KIDS WHO JUST DONT LIKE MEAT ,PASTA ETC !
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:35 AM on Jan. 6, 2010