What did you do for your child's first birthday?

I am trying to plan something that the adults would have fun. I don't have many friends with kids so it will definately be more for the adults...any ideas?

dbodani

Asked by dbodani at 11:40 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my son's birthday is may 30,2006 for his first birthday I had family and friends at my house for a outdoor party in my yard with a cookout, it was fun, good turnout and when it came to the cake we let my son sit in front of it we sang happy birthday and then let him dig in, it was so funny def. a kodak moment...lol:)
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 11:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Invited a small group of people. We ate pizza, salad and of course birthday cake with ice cream.

Simple and fun!
    Anonymous

• We had a party with 50 of our family and closet friends. We did it real simple. We rented the local American Legion hall. I had family members make cold salads and BBQ and we got a platter of wrap sandwhiches. Then got a big plastic tub and filled it with juice and soda and ice. We got a cute cake with my DDs picture printed one it. For favors I mad Rice Crispy Treats and made lillipops out of them. Then on the outside of the plastic bag I put them in I glued a picture of my DD in her I am One shirt onto it. It was alot of fun and all the kids when home with little goody bags filled with all kinds of little toys
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 11:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• with my daughters 1st birthday -- it was in July and hot...we had a party for the family at my grandmas ( lives on a farm) I have tons of little cousins..and my daughter loved ponies...so there was pony rides...it was a poka-dot theme..it was very cute...

with my sons...it was october and very cold here...so it was inside our house ( we just moved in, so it was kind of a - look at my new house too- party lol ) ....but I wanted to do a cowboy theme..I bought him and my daughter "cowboy" shirts and they each had "cowboy " boots...and I got cowboy hats for everyone lol....but then...they couldnt do a cake for it...so we tried just like a horse one, they messed it up too....and then the party supply store "forgot" to order my party supplies....so we had to have a spongebob party....well it was really only a spongebob cake and blue streamers...because I had to get it last minute.. I still feel bad that his wasnt as great as her
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My daughters was at a local park and it was a bbq. it was a lot of fun and we had a protable highchair for houstyn to eat her cake..We had a pink and rubber ducky theme.
    Houstyn08

Answer by Houstyn08 at 1:19 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• With my sons birthday we went out to the beach and had cake on the beach it was so much fun. We like to keep it simle. For us it's just about our family celebrating not really a big thing. I will let them do something bigger when they have firends and ask for it. But it's going to be their doing not mine.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 2:50 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• We had lunch and cake for the people who love our daughter.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:14 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• We had a big bash for both girls, one daughter's birthday is in Jan and I made a huge dinner for around 30 people and then we had cake and ice cream, the other daughter's birthday is in July and we had a huge BBQ for her with family and friends with around 30 people and had cake and ice cream after that.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 7:47 AM on Jan. 6, 2010