Cervix, HELP please

Ok i went to the Dr. today for my 38 week check up and still no dilation. He said i cant be induced unles i am 2 cm dilated. Any advice on how to make my cervix dilate. I tried sex but it just hurts period, and walking hurts makes my stomach start cramping as if ive been running along time and you get that cramp feels like in your ependix area and my feet start hurting bad and swell i think its because how much weight im carrying im 17 years old n this is my 1st pregnacy i need help on what i can do cause im tired of being pregnant :( Please no rude compents i already get enough for beeing pregnant at 17. I mean come on at least i didnt abort her im taking the consequences of getting pregnant.

Mallorysmom903

Asked by Mallorysmom903 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• the last few weeks of pregnancy are very uncomfortable. The drs will not let you go beyond 42 weeks - if you haven't started to dialate they will induce you. Try to hang in there. Some recommend walking around to get the labor process started. and sex... I don't know if there is any real way to get it going. When its time- its time. there isn't a whole lot you can to do. Sorry to not have any good advice. Good Luck- and Congratulations!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I was in the same boat as you. It does not matter that you haven't dialated yet. I went in at my 39 week appt. and was only 50% effaced and hadn't dialated at all. The next morning I started having contractions and went into labor. You can try eating spicy foods, or sitting on one of those big exercise balls and rocking back and forth. Walking is good so try doing that if you can and sex is supposed to be the #1 thing to help get labor started. Other than that there isn't much you can do! I know your anxious but baby will come soon! And don't get discouraged that you aren't dialated yet because it could literally happen in a day.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Part of Mortherhood and "taking the consequences" and "accepting the responsibility" is also respecting the normal process, too. Why force the baby out if baby isn't' ready to come out?? You can be a good mother by honoring this baby. Know that this baby is more likely to come around 41 weeks, 1 day, than before then.
    Trust in the normal process and you are giving your baby a gift.
    Best wishes! ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:34 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• you could go from dilated 0 cm to having your baby in 1 day. sometimes a woman's cervix will dilate a few cm days or weeks before birth, but sometimes a woman's cervix will not dilate at all until actual labor begins.

i think it's great that your dr will not induce until 2 cm dilated, that might reduce your chances of ending up in surgery. i'm kind of wondering why you are thinking about induction so soon though... i agree that a consequence of getting pregnant is staying pregnant until the baby decides it's time to come.

good luck =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Jan. 6, 2010