My babies are now 3 months old and I am a SAHM. Question about routines/schedules

My babies are now 3 months old. They are eating about the same time evey day give or take an hour. I feel like I should start getting them use to doing other things at the same time like playing on thier mat and reading too them. Is 3 months to early to start doing that?

marilyp

Asked by marilyp at 11:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I go at their schedule. Sometimes, one wants to be held and one wants to sleep. Sometimes they both want to be held together. I just do whatever I can to follow their cues. I usually read to them together, either while my husband and I both hold one or while they are laying down. Babies mature differently, so if your 3 month olds are up for it, I say go for it! Mine are 17 weeks old tomorrow and are such a joy.
    MicheleHaytko

Answer by MicheleHaytko at 11:19 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• You can. Though just remember to be flexible because feeding and sleeping patterns will change.

I'm not a schedule person myself. I just follow the baby's lead.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:04 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• It is never too early to get your children on a schedule and it is beneficial to them starting to read to them now too is a good thing to me the earlier the better music as well, children love routine.
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 12:05 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Depends...are you BF? If so then I would say definitely not! But otherwise I guess as the pp poster said...just be flexible because it will change every week :-) books are always great to do at any age..I have been reading to my daughter since she was in the womb!
    mammacita9

Answer by mammacita9 at 2:09 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• not at all i gave my son at two months tummy time and then i would put him in his seat i diddnt do it at a certain time i just did it in the same order food tummy time singing and play time with me swing until he feel asleep im a sahm and enjoy the time i have with him he has toys that he plays with he is on his own schedule but he plays with his toys by himself now and they are educational i still play with him and encourage him i was a daycare provider and i believe the more fun he has the better he will be so when he touches things i tell him what it is and i will also be incorparating asl when he is 10 months or so
    momma051209

Answer by momma051209 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2010