Diet changes and constipation

In 2009 I drank 5 beers a night then ate a fattening meal before going to bed. I would eat nothing but crap during the day.
Now I have given up beer and junk. I drink a gallon of water and eat only fruit/veggies/eggs and oatmeal

I haven't had a bm in 5 days. I have taken stool softeners the last 2 days and nothing.
What can I do to make myself regular again. My sister says get a beer!
I know me...If I have a beer then it's back to the way things were and I don't want that. I am already more happy and have more energy!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Health

• Are you drinking enough water? You should be drinking at least 8 8oz glasses a day.

Your diet is lacking balance, and is not setting a great example for your child(ren). You should be eating a variety of healthy foods, broken out something like this:

Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:10 AM on Jan. 6, 2010