Do you "STEAL"?

Do you "steal"? Like if you go to walmart and you forgot to ring up something that you child was eating or playing with or if you forgot something on the bottom of the cart. Do you take it back inside to pay or do you just take it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would feel like a fool returning into the store so No I would just leave!!
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 12:03 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• No, that would freak me out, I'd worry about my karma...or the cameras seeing me and chasing me down in the parking lot and ending up in jail...ok, that and karma...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I'd take it back. I argued with a cashier at the grocery store over $50 because she entered in my gift card and cash incorrectly and it was going to short her drawer. She didn't understand where her mistake was. My husband is a police officer and I feel that because I am proud of what he does, why would I even think it is ok to do something like steal and tarnish his name. I have no reason to be dishonest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I take it back! Always have, always will. What kind of mom would I be if I taught my kid accidental stealing doesn't count?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:10 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Not to mention the crime report in your local paper~! How embarrasing for your children as well, and yeah what kind of an example is that setting...geez, let's just raise up a society of jailbirds and criminals...brilliant!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I always go back. I can't stand the guillty feeling that follows if I do something I know is not quite right. I once forgot cat litter I think it was, on the bottom under the grocery cart, got all the way to my car with my daughter, unloaded the other groceries, and when I saw it I turned right around and went in and paid lol. Another time, DD carried a bracelet outside with her, costume jewelry but the price was like $12. I didn't even know she had it, but I took it in and gave it to the greeter at the door (at the BX) and told them what happened. i just couldn't stand NOT to.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:42 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I don't have to worry about forgetting something my kid is eating. We don't open things until we've paid for them. I don't understand how you forget something on the bottom of the cart to be honest.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:55 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I would take it back.
    Emberbaby

Answer by Emberbaby at 1:01 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I take it back. The only time this has happened to us is when something has fallen into a corner of the cart and I have a bag or my son's backpack in that area. It's always something small. I would feel too guilty if I didn't pay for it!
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 1:04 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I would take it back, have always been that way. Always give back the extra the cashiers sometimes give you too and I don't let my children eat or drink anything in the stores as well as I don't do it either so that avoids some of it there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Jan. 6, 2010