DD keeps terrorizing the cat!

Okie dokie. So I have a cat that doesnt like my daughter so the cat stays away from her. But my daughter thinks it's the most funniest and greatest thing in the world to throw her toys at the poor cat then laugh hysterically. How can I get her to stop?

keileensmom

Asked by keileensmom at 12:19 AM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You prob. won't be able to until the cat ends up scratching her and then lesson learned, unfortunatly!
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 12:21 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• spray her with water?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:27 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• TELL her to stop. It is not NICE to be mean to kitty etc etc...over and over..till she gets it. Don't let her get away with doing stuff like throwing her toys at the cat and take her toys away when she does it. She is old enough to grasp that concept right? Don't laugh or allow anyone else to..she needs to know it's bad and not funny.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• My son does that some times. We went through the whole routine of 'nice touches' when he first started getting rough with the cats and using the same wording with people and animals got the understanding through faster. Now when he throws things at the cats, it's an immediate time out and he has to say sorry to the cat when he's done with time out. We treat it just as if he'd thrown something at my head.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 11:44 AM on Jan. 6, 2010