What anti-depressants helped/didn't help you?

I know that everyone is different but i am trying to get an idea of what anti-depressants work/ don't work. I am going to have to change my current medication, and i know that there are a lot of them out there, so i thought i would ask ou ladies your opinion. Thanks

Momofboys22

Asked by Momofboys22 at 12:22 AM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Health

• zoloft worked, wellbutrin xr worked (and i quit smoking on it) and lexapro worked
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:26 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Paxil worked, Zoloft and Prozac didnt
    AshleyLynnW

Answer by AshleyLynnW at 12:31 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• ugh Celexa and Prozac did not work and they did not make me feel more like myself. I'd rather be depressed than have the side effects. Well, I guess they 'worked' but they made me act all erratic and I felt faint a lot and freaked out so much I had to get up in the middle of class to leave...........I talked to complete strangers. I guess that's what 'more like myself' is supposed to feel like? I don't think so. I was worse about inhibitions than when I was drunk with fraternity boys for crap's sake!

I honestly think meditation, exercise, and a good diet will help you much more than some pill that messes with your brain's chemistry. The side effects of those pills are really scary too.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:11 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Exercise and running.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:04 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Zoloft made me feel like a zombie. I had no emotional response to anything (and I'm a very emotional person). I'm on wellbutrin and it works well. I had the dizziness/spinning feeling for the two weeks, especially at night. But at week 4 now, I am feeling much better.
    Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 8:49 AM on Jan. 6, 2010