Does it make you want to cry?

My almost 12 month old daughter has been getting a bit of a attitude lately, and in the past week has started hitting people. We've been putting her in time out and watching her cry makes me want to cry :(

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 12:33 AM on Jan. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• i get that way sometimes. I hate to discipline and watch my daughter cry, but I also know in my heart and in my mind that if I don't discipline her, she will develop nasty characteristics that will most likely be harder to fix later. Stand your ground. You aren't hurting her by putting her in time outs. She is crying because that is the easiest way for her to translate how she is feeling. After awhile she will start to get the point and you will feel rewarded watching her establish a healthy attitude.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 12:36 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• 12mth olds get time outs? i cant imagine putting ds in time out at that age. i didnt think they understood what that meant. guess its just me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Jan. 6, 2010